- Approximately 7.3 million American women have an “impaired” ability to conceive.
- 44% of couples who struggle with infertility seek medical help.
- 2.1 million women have been diagnosed as “infertile” – the inability to conceive after trying for 12 consecutive months.
- Of those who seek help, 65% will eventually end up conceiving and giving birth.
- 3% of couples need advanced reproductive therapies, such as IVF.
- Only 15 states require insurance companies to cover some infertility treatments.
- Nearly 2 million pregnancies end in miscarriage every year.
|Used with permission from Katie Silveira/KIS Photography.|
|Used with permission from Sarah Fontenot/The Fontenot Four|
|Used with permission from Samantha Schultz/The Peanut Gang|