We’ve all dreamed of being a princess, haven’t we? That’s why Disney movies do so well with little girls, we all want to grow up and meet our Prince Charming, fall in love and move into a beautiful castle. With a fairy godmother. And a carriage. And a crown. You know, the works.
Well, I got my Prince Charming, but I’m still waiting on all the rest. And dang it, he’s not a prince of The Bahamas (where he’s from), trust me, I’ve checked.
There was a girl who was so lucky as to get it all. Or so it seems. The prince, the castle, the crown, the carriage, the hair. Yep, the hair. Kate Middleton, the Duchess of Cambridge for those of you who have been living under a rock, fell in love with her prince, married him & now is having his baby. It looks like happily ever after. And although we don’t know the inner workings of their relationship, we do know that the woman has fabulous hair.
So since most of us regular gals don’t end up getting the works, we might have to settle for the hair. I created a tutorial that is simple and chic and beautiful, just like Kate Middleton’s.
It’s so simple, I didn’t even create a video, I thought you could all get it by looking at the pictures. Here’s the collage and below I’ll give a description of what I did. It’s also written on the photo if you’d like to pin away, feel free!
- Start by separating the hair to the side of your choice.
- Then on the side with less hair, start a French braid & braid until just behind your ear. Secure with a clear elastic.
- Move to the next side. Start at about the same location as the other braid, leaving some hair our in front. This will go back later.
- Braid until behind the ear, just like the other & secure with a clear elastic.
- Tease your hair starting at the crown of your head, heading back to the nape of the neck.
- Poof the teased hair, twist a little & secure with bobby pins.
- Tease the heck out of the remaining hair that is down.
- Tuck in and twist up the remaining hair until creating a bun. Secure with bobby pins.
- Wrap one braid across and secure with pins.
- Wrap the remaining braid.
You’re done! It’s that easy, see! And isn’t it pretty? Now we can all look and feel like princesses. You’re welcome.
Well that’s all I’ve got for today! I hope you guys enjoy it and get to use it. Maybe you’ll fool some people into thinking you’re a princess!
Have a great day!